Read Physician Workforce Report
Read Physician Workforce Executive Summary
New Jersey is just one of many states affected by the shortage of nurses. In more demand now than ever, nurses are needed to take care of the increasing population of elderly baby boomers.
Some reasons for the shortage include:
- Aging of the nursing workforce
- Fewer people entering the nursing profession
- Increased demand for nurses in different health care settings
- Research and data limitations
(Varying licensure categories and authority in every state)
- Current nursing work environments
The Council continues to follow legislation on the state and federal levels that try to correct the nursing workforce shortage.